Day at the ball game / back to running

Yesterday was my rest day from running. We took our corgis to the Doggy Dojo in the morning and got ready to go to the Cubs game. It’s been more than a year since we went to Wrigley Field. The weather was tricky. There was a thunderstorm forecast and it was raining in the morning. When we headed to the bus stop, it wasn’t raining but the sky was gray. We got on the long accordion bus and sat down on seats around the connection part. Boy, those seats were so high! I’m not that short (5′ 7″) but my feet couldn’t touch the floor. Sitting like that for 30 something minutes was hard on my quads.

When we arrived at Wrigley Field it was raining lightly. We went in and tried to find our favorite hot dogs but that hot dog stand wasn’t where it was the last time we visited. We were disappointed because that hot dog was the one thing we really wanted. We walked around some more and found that! But the hot dogs we got didn’t taste the same. Why good things don’t last the same way 😦 Anyway, if you want to eat healthy foods, I wouldn’t recommend you to go to the ball game. The foods you can buy at the ball park are far from healthy. We are trying to eat healthier, better foods and usually don’t eat hot dog. But we were at the baseball game!! It was time to bend the rules πŸ™‚ So we got two foot-long hot dogs and beer. It cost $31.50! Talk about overpriced!! But again, we were at the ball game. That’s where you buy overpriced food waiting in line πŸ˜‰ Good we didn’t pay for the tickets!!

George Costanza (Jason Alexander) threw out the ceremonial first pitch. He was wearing the cubs jersey but I think he should’ve wore a Yankees jersey. I mean the cotton one! πŸ™‚

We were underdressed. We forgot the temperature near the lake is always much cooler. We were surrounded by rude and loud Cardinals fans. The Cubs played like…the Cubs and lost. But I still had some fun. Our corgis had lots of fun at the Doggy Dojo. They came back tired and fell asleep soundly. I love my tired corgis.

Today I went to the Forest Preserve Bike Trail by myself. My corgis were still resting from yesterday’s hard playing with their furry friends. It was a bit cold but I was okay with my shorts on. I ran 6.25 miles and felt great. My quads were a little bit stiff in the beginning but they got loose after a half mile. I missed running with the corgis though. After the bike trail run, I went to the gym and ran 2.42 miles before I did 230 jump ropes. I came back tired. Just like my corgis yesterday. I had two good days in a row πŸ™‚


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s